Home » 老域名 » Bomb hoax and brawls mar Sydney’s New Year’s Eve celebrations

Bomb hoax and brawls mar Sydney’s New Year’s Eve celebrations

Police said revellers were mostly well behaved on New Year’s Eve. Photo: Janie Barrett Revellers sing and dance moments before the sun rises over Bondi Beach. Photo: Kate Geraghty

Sydney’s $7m New Year’s Eve partyThe rational approach to keeping New Year’s resolutions

An alleged bomb hoax, a series of brawls and a cut to a police officer’s face marred an otherwise peaceful night of New Year’s Eve celebrations in Sydney.

A female police officer was struck in the head by a bottle at a service station at Shalvey in the city’s west about 1am. She received a cut to her forehead that required stitches, a NSW police spokeswoman said. A male was taken into custody over the incident.

Police arrested a Dover Heights man who allegedly issued a bomb threat in a Military Road park on the North Shore about midnight. The man was taken to Waverley Police Station and will likely be charged with public mischief, police said.

Officers also broke up a number of brawls in Leichhardt and Balmain in Sydney’s inner-west just after midnight. A 21-year-old Leichhardt man who allegedly threw a bottle at a police vehicle was required to attend court.

Police had made 30 arrests, half of them drug related, at the end of their New Year’s operation, the largest operation police undertake each year.  NSW Police would like to wish everyone a safe and wonderful New Year. Best wishes for 2016. #SydNYEpic.twitter老域名出售/38Ee5PZ77J— NSW Police (@nswpolice) December 31, 2015

“With only a few exceptions, the vast majority of people in the city for New Year’s Eve behaved safely, sensibly and responsibly,” Assistant Commissioner Mick Fuller said.

“Our city has proven once again that Sydney is the best place in the world to celebrate New Year’s.”

An extra 2500 officers worked on Thursday and into Friday morning. Police estimate more than one million people gathered at public meeting points to celebrate.

Across the state, the NSW Ambulance service took almost 3000 calls and responded to 2300 incidents between 4pm New Year’s Eve and 5am New Year’s Day.

NSW Ambulance Senior Assistant Commissioner Jamie Vernon said the service experienced an increase in demand between midnight and 2am as usual.

“During this timeframe, paramedics responded to 507 incidents, which is an increase on the same time period last New Year’s Eve,” Senior Assistant Commissioner Vernon said.

“This is the equivalent of a response every 14.2 seconds during these two hours.”

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 老域名购买.

Posted in 老域名

Comments are closed.