Home » 老域名 » Ambos kept busy with 3000 calls

Ambos kept busy with 3000 calls

IN DEMAND: NSW Ambulance officers were kept busy during the last hours of 2015. Picture: Supplied

LARGE crowds were well-behaved across the Hunter on New Year’s Eve, police say, but not everyone escaped unscathed.

Police are investigating a serious accident at Tenambit, and have attended a housefire at Mount Hall Road, Raymond Terrace, where two residents escaped injury.

Tickets were handed out to revelers who refused to quit premises on Port Stephens, an assault at Maitland, and a man partying at a premises along Wharf Road on Newcastle’s foreshore was taken to hospital with head injuries after banging his head.

Otherwise there were no major incidentsinNewcastle, Maitland or Pattersonwhere fireworks and festivities attracted thousands of revelers, according to police from across the region.

Acting Inspector Dave Checkley of Newcastle Local Area Command said it appeared that the people of Newcastle managed to enjoy themselves without major incident.

“The guys were still kept busy last night with things going on, noise complaints and a few spot fires here and there, but only what you might expect on New Year’s Eve,” he said.

And in Lake Macquarie, Chief Inspector Darryn Cox reported a similarly quietNew Year’s Eve.

Central Hunter Acting Inspector Joe Krzanic said it was a pretty good night, with only three arrests and twelve charges, despite large crowds of about 7,000 along the Maitland River, nearly 3,000 at Patterson, and about 4,000 at the Hunter Valley Gardens and Pokolbin for fireworks staged at those locations.

Across the state, paramedics were kept busy with thousands of calls for assistance.

NSW Ambulance Senior Assistant Commissioner Jamie Vernon said NSW Ambulance experienced the traditional increase in calls for emergency assistance post-midnight, with 12am to 2am New Year’s Day the busiest time for paramedics across the state.

“During this time frame, paramedics responded to 507incidents, which is an increase on the same time period last New Year’s Eve,” Senior Assistant Commissioner Vernon said.

“This is the equivalent of a response every 14.2 seconds during these two hours.”

Months of careful planning paid off with, he said, with NSW Ambulance paramedics staged at standby locations around known event locations.

“This ensured that we could respond to patients quickly and access them easily through the crowds.”

Many of thecalls for help were related to violence or for patients suffering extreme intoxication and related injuries,Senior Assistant Commissioner Vernon said.

“We treated a number of patients forfractures, injuries sustained from falls from roofs, head and neck wounds from assaults and people suffering drug and alcohol intoxication.”

Patients also requested assistance for respiratory issues such as asthma and other breathing and cardiac-related issues.

It is expected NSW Ambulance will continue to respond to incidents involving patients suffering the effects of alcohol or drugs and related injuries throughout the morning.

Posted in 老域名

Comments are closed.